Hi Snooze,

1. Check out the following tutorials if you haven't already:

http://remysharp.com/2007/01/20/auto-populating-select-boxes-using-jquery-ajax/

http://remysharp.com/2007/09/18/auto-populate-multiple-select-boxes/

2. Check out Shelane's plugin:

http://code.google.com/p/jqueryselectcombo/

http://lasso.pro/selectCombo/

3. Check out my plugin:

http://www.msxhost.com/jquery/linked-selects/json/

Perhaps you can use the example php code in the download to work it out for ASP!

Cheers

Rob

Snooze wrote:
I am trying to make a select box that with populate depending on what
is selected in the select box before it. Both of these select boxes
need to draw information from the sql database (I have to use ASP to
get this information).

I've been looking at some tutorials but am overall very confused as
how to accomplish this.

I understand that I need to look for a change in the first select box
to populate the second, but I don't understand how to tell ASP to
query for different information.

I would like something like this:

<select name="category" class="cat">
<option value="value from db">label from db</option>
<option value="value from db">label from db</option>
<option value="value from db">label from db</option>
</select>

(I get the list of categories from a database using ASP, there is 37
of them but this might change.)

<select name="criteria" class="crit">
<option value="value from db depending on cat chosen">label from db
depending on cat chosen</option>
<option value="value from db depending on cat chosen">label from db
depending on cat chosen</option>
<option value="value from db depending on cat chosen">label from db
depending on cat chosen</option>
</select>

(I need the criteria to be drawn from the database, preferrably using
ASP, there is also a different number of criteria for each category.)

http://www.eset.com