http://www.vulgarisoip.com/2007/06/29/jquerysuggest-an-alternative-jquery-based-autocomplete-library/
demonstrates a plugin that's really close to what I want, it will pick
up on elements where the word entered isn't the first word in the
strings being searched.  Unfortunately, it still requires all the
words to be in the order they appear in the strings and doesn't seem
to match when words are ommited.  Try "eastern", "warbler" and
"eastern warbler" to see what I mean.  If this plugin matched on
"eastern warbler" or even on "warbler eastern" it would be pretty much
just what I needed functionality wise.  Additionally it doesn't need
any ajax support as the UL with all the addresses in it is already on
the page.  I just need to process that list, and use it as the basis
of the autocomplete.