I am looking into using jQuery for implementing tabs.  Up to now we've
been using the Tabber library (www.barelyfitz.com/projects/tabber/),
and have been happy with the unobtrusive tabs it creates.  However, we
have a minor nightmare of javascripts from disparate libraries
scattered all over our website, some Prototype, some Behaviour, some
Javascript, some others from various other sources, and it seems
sensible to scrap as much of the cruft as possible and standardize on
a single library.  Due to its flexibility and light weight it would
seem that jQuery plus jq plugins is the way to go.

However, as far as I can determine, the UI tabs plugin isn't as
unobtrusive as the tabber library, as tabber will generate all the tab
markup, whereas UI tabs requires for there to be markup for the tabs
in the HTML.  Teh approach that tabber takes is the preferred
behaviour because we don't want any markup for tabs to appear in the
HTML (other than class="tabber") if the user has javascript turned
off.

Is the UI library capable of recreating the tabber library
functionality and create its own elements to act as tabs? If so, how
do I do it?