From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Jörn Zaefferer
Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2008 12:17 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: [SITE SUBMISSION] Brightegg.com

Ryan Rose schrieb:

> I would like to announce the launch of http://www.brightegg.com, a new
> web platform for building/managing professional-looking websites built
> with jQuery. Brightegg utilizes several popular jQuery plugins,
> including blockUI, datePicker, cookie, corner, superfish, and
> validate. jQuery is Brightegg’s primary toolkit, although the main
> application uses a combination of Dojo and FCKeditor as well.
>
> Brightegg offers full-featured website building, including the
> addition of forms and customization options for a myriad of design
> themes. All of Brightegg’s design themes are provided by our growing
> community of designers, and Brightegg also supports the use of custom
> designs. All forms come with built-in client-side validation (using
> the jQuery validate plugin) as well as server-side validation (the
> server framework is developed with CakePHP). Date fields include an
> AJAX calendar (jquery.datePicker) and all textareas are expandable
> (using jQuery).
>
> I would like to personally thank John Resig for this wonderful toolkit
> as well as the plugin authors. Keep up the great work!
>
> Thank you and Happy New Year!

Its always nice to see your own work in the wild. I took a look at the
registration page - I like combination of validation and password strength
meter, thats nice.
The message display leaves a lot to deserve. The one thing that you really
should fix is the padding on the error class (.error { ...;
padding: 10px }) which is also applied to the input, which is really
annoying. It should help to apply that padding only to label.error.
That should improve things, but still leaves the problem of those yellow
boxes popping up. I've got a few ideas on how to improve that generally, but
would require siginificant changes, so most likely needs a 2.x version...

Anyway, let me know if you find something you need improved on the
validation plugin. I'd be glad to help.

Regards
Jörn