Thanks for the additional demos, they opened my eyes to a few usages that I hadn't thought of when looking at the axis-based demos. Very nice.

I'm wondering: could this be adapted to do "velocity based" (for lack of a better word) scrolling, like the iphone and ipod touch do? I'm thinking something like

a) the user would click on div (which might have a list in it), then flick their mouse (or pen, for us pen-tablet users) b) a distance somewhere else on the div would be calculated based on the speed of the flick c) the scroller would use one of the easing plugins (or some other animation) to scroll to/near the calculated destination d) clicking on them while they're moving would stop them where they get clicked.

Any plans for that? Thoughts? I'm picturing little "flick lists" that could be embedded in a page.

Thx,
Jack

Ariel Flesler wrote:
Hi everyone

Right before going on vacations, I improved the demos of both ScrollTo
and LocalScroll. I Applied a common style to all of them. And
simplified the code of LocalScroll's to make it work entirely with the
plugin (no "raw" call to ScrollTo).
I also added an AJAX version of the LocalScroll's demo, showing the
use of the option 'persistent', which is IMO, quite useful.

In short.. if someone's interested in checking.. here are the links:
LocalScroll: http://www.freewebs.com/flesler/jQuery.LocalScroll/
LocalScroll AJAX version:
http://www.freewebs.com/flesler/jQuery.LocalScroll/ajax/
ScrollTo: http://www.freewebs.com/flesler/jQuery.ScrollTo/