I reviewed your code. Is the project expanding/collapsing functionality
contained in 19_proto_M2.js, lines 197-263 ?

I don't think you're configuring the hoverIntent plug-in properly. It would
be best if you named your over/out functions and included in them in the
configuration object. Then just pass that object into hoverIntent.

var hoverIntentConfig = { sensitivity: 10, // number = sensitivity threshold
(must be 1 or higher)
 interval: 600, // number = milliseconds for onMouseOver polling interval
 over: yourOverFunctionName, // function = onMouseOver callback (REQUIRED)
 timeout: 0 // number = milliseconds delay before onMouseOut
 out: yourOutFunctionName // function = onMouseOut callback (REQUIRED)
 };

$allProjects.css(...).hoverIntent(hoverIntentConfig)....

Second, I think for the time being you would benefit most from keeping the
default interval (100ms) and sensitivity (7) (so no need to declare them in
your object) and override the timeout option to something like 300ms. I
think part of the animation issues on your page are related to an upper
project closing while a lower project is opening... making it so that your
mouse is temporarily out of the lower project (executing the close
function). If you set the timeout delay the projects wont' close immediately
(not sure if I'm making any sense)... so:

var hoverIntentConfig = { over: yourOverFunctionName, // function =
onMouseOver callback (REQUIRED)
 timeout: 300 // number = milliseconds delay before onMouseOut
 out: yourOutFunctionName // function = onMouseOut callback (REQUIRED)
 };

I'm not sure if that will work better. You may need to investigate other
alternatives to closing a project div (like using a click event)... doing
everything on mouseover/mouseout in that layout is quite tricky.

I've been meaning to write a discussion on editing hoverIntent options...
because there seems to be some confusion/mis-understanding about how it
works. Hopefully I can get around to it this weekend.

Brian.