At work we're evaluating some grid controls with client side sorting
capabilities.
We tried Ext.Grid but it's a little too invasive (it also modifies the
HTML content of the page outside the div where it belongs), it's
*really* heavy and have some issues with our
CSS files (its CSS classes are not even documented outside the CSS
files themselves AFAIK). The great thing by the way is that it sorts a
bunch of JSON data on the client side without
issuing a request to the server each time the user clicks on one of
the headers.

Since we use jquery throughout the application I was wondering if
JQuery has something less invasive but with client sorting
capabilities.
I had a brief look into JqGridView but the demos show the sorting step
being done on the server.

My question is: does JqGridview have a way to sort the data already
retrieved? Are there any other jQuery based Grids doing that?

How did you manage to do this task on your projects?

Thanks