In what way did it not work? It could be that your return false is inside an
if statement. Mayne you're not making it into that if statement?

-----Original Message-----
From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2008 2:58 PM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: submitting the form by pressing ENTER

Hi,

Unfortunately, that didn't work for me.  Here was my code:

                $('#pageForm').submit(function() {
                        var page = $('#page').val();
                        if (!isInteger(page)) {
                                alert("The page number must be an
integer.");
                                return false;
                        }
                        if (!setCurrentPage(page)) {
                                return false;
                        }   // if
                });

I did have success when I did

<form id="pageForm" name="pageForm"
action="javascript:submitPageForm();">

Damn, hate going back to the old ways.  Oh well, -