I'm trying to apply jquery.validate to a form with an input field of
type file.  I thought I could make it required and accept only .html
files, but no matter the value of the field it always got marked as
being invalid.

I thought maybe my syntax was wrong in the metadata (I was using
class="required accept(html)" and also tried class="required
accept:html" but neither worked) so I removed the accept directive and
left it as just class="required".  It still marked the field as
invalid even when a file had been picked!

Can't validate process input type="file" fields or am I just doing
something wrong?