You oculd either proxypass if you have access to Apache's config file,
or you could put a simple PHP script on the domain the AJAX
application is running on to fetch data from the other domain.  The
proxypass approach is by far the best one, but you can only use it if
you have the ability to edit an Apache .conf file on your web server.