Here's what I've come up with based on one response in this Mailing
List, although I think that it's a bit messy. I have a natural regex
aversion...

$(document).ready(function() {
        $("#Nav li a").each(function() {
                var text = $(this).html();
                $(this).html(text.replace(/([A-Z0-9])/g,'<span class="caps">$1</
span>'));