Hi, thanks for the reply.

I can't post the page since the site is being developed locally. I
figured out several things that may prove useful however. I tried
using a group of the data to see if this was the problem. IE6 returned
the same error: "Unterminated String Contstant" but I noticed that the
line it had a problem with had a German character ( ü ) in it. An
element before this in the list also had this character but threw up
no problem. The word in which the character is used was
" (something)führer" so I rename all elements with the word führer and
replaced them with "fuhrer". The smaller array now worked.

I tried applying the same technique (as a stop gap) to the larger
array but again IE6 was complaining about an "unterminated string
constant". I then removed all cases of the character "ü" and replaced
them with "u". Now IE has the error "Expected ']' " about halfway
through the array. There is no syntax error around these lines - I've
checked a few times.

Is there a chance that these foreign characters are causing the errors
within the script?