From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Brian Schilt
Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2008 11:57 AM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Change event for hidden form field

I would recommend replacing the pop up window with an in-page modal window
(http://ui.jquery.com/repository/latest/demos/functional/
#ui.dialog). The modal windows these days are advanced enough to function
much like a pop up window with draggable, resizable, scolling and whatnot.
This would be easy to do if you were to use a modal window because once
hidden form field is populated you can us jQuery's event trigger method
(http://docs.jquery.com/Events/trigger#typedata)
to make it happen.

If you absolutely need to use the pop up window then have the new window
call a function in the parent window. This function can execute a trigger.

//this function is in the parent window.
function triggerHiddenFormField() {
  $('$hiddenFormField').trigger('change');
}

//pop up window calls the the parent window's function
window.opener.triggerHiddenFormField();

brian