If the click event for button A happens after the page load, then you'll
need to rebind the event for button A in button b's success block.

-----Original Message-----
From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of light-blue
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2008 3:24 PM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] using click() with $(event.target).is(something)

I'm a Jquery newbie, so if this answer is available somewhere, please let me
know.

My user needs to click button B, which processes some info with AJAX
(working great), and then needs to programmatically click button A, which
itself runs an AJAX request. Button B works fine, but when it tries
$('a.buttonA').click() the code in button A doesn't run. I suspect this is
because I'm using $(event.target).is('a.buttonB'), resulting in no binding
for click() to run. Can anyone confirm? Any suggestions to fix this?

Thanks!