Hi,

Hopefully this is not too OT. I have a page turner web app that should
play a new audio FLV for each new view in Thickbox. It works for me on
OS X with FF, Safari and Opera. It does not work for (2) folks on
Windows -- with FF the pages turn, but no audio. On Windows IE, the
pages don't turn and no audio. Here is the site (CSS is a little
messed up from the move to thickbox from a separate browser window):

(you would need to click on Al Roker -- the only one with audio
currently -- and yes, I know the voice is Giordi LaForge's, if you
hear it)
http://pearsonf.ipower.com/celeb-readings/

did you hear it on a windows box?

Custom JS here (using jQuery and thickbox):
http://pearsonf.ipower.com/celeb-readings/js/readings.js

The page in Thickbox uses inline content and only an image is changed
(a page from a book) for each new page view.

There is also an object element outside of the thickbox inline content
like so:
        <object id="player" data="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf"
height="0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="0">
          <param name="movie" value="FLVPlayer_Progressive.swf"
id="FLVPlayer"/>
          <param name="quality" value="high"/>
          <param name="scale" value="noscale"/>
          <param name="autoplay" value="true"/>
          <param id="flashvars-data" name="FlashVars" value=""
valuetype="data"/>
        </object>

For the audio, I thought the easiest thing to do is reset the
FlashVars, clone the object element and reinsert it. For some reason
this does not work on the PC. Here is the code from the js file
referenced above:

var playAudio = function(filename) {
  var fvBuf = [];

fvBuf.push("MM_ComponentVersion=1&skinName=Clear_Skin_3&streamName=");
// SOUND_DIR= "media/sound/";
  fvBuf.push(SOUND_DIR);
// READER_ID = "roker";
  fvBuf.push(READER_ID);
  fvBuf.push("/");
  fvBuf.push(filename);
  fvBuf.push("&autoPlay=true&autoRewind=true");
  $("#flashvars-data").attr("value", fvBuf.join(""));
  var player = $("#playerContainer").clone(true);
  //console.log("player: ", player.html());
  $("#playerContainer").html(player.html());
}

Any ideas?

thanks,
-Rob