Hi there,

When using the excellent tablesorter plugin, I need to intercept the
click event to remove irrelevent rows from the table before the
columns are sorted (and put some back after sorting).

The sortStart/sortEnd callbacks are called at the right time but how
do I find out which cell (column header) was clicked?

(More info: The "irrelevent rows" I mentioned are actually headings
for groups of associated rows. I need to remove those headings just
before a sort starts, then put them back afterwards (using a sortEnd
callback).  The new group headings are be based on the sort column and
generated dynamically. This tableGrouper code will eventually become a
plugin to work with the table sorter)

Many thanks,

George Adamson