Because it's not choosing numeric as the sorter for that column I'd wager.
'.00' may be triggering it to sort alphabetically instead. set the parser to
be numeric explicitly:

<script type="text/javascript">
$(document).ready(function() {
    $(".tablesorter").tablesorter({
        sortList: [[1,0]],
        headers: 1 {
            sorter: 'numeric'
</script>

I'm doing this from memory so I can't guarantee that's the right syntax but
hopefully it helps. I'd recommend using '0.00' instead of '.00' though.

stephen