Hello folks,

I've been successfully using .serialize() to prepare input data when my form has the structure

</form>

However, if the input elements are enclosed within a table structure within the form, like so ...

... the serialize call doesn't do the necessary preparation - it doesn't appear to fire at all.

There is something obviously wrong with my approach (and removing the table is not a solution - its use is appropriate to the contents of the form), but I cannot find any clues in the jQuery documents or this list's archives.

I'd appreciate some illumination here.

Thanks,
Bruce