Im not sure about the specific answer to your question but I can recommend
an alternative solution.

I use Richard D. Worths oh so excellent $.ui.dialog plugin to achieve a very
simple version of the litebox effect.  its from the jquery ui team.

it goes alittle something like this:

              $("#window").dialog($.extend(this.dialogOptions||{}, {
                    modal: true,
                    resizable:false,
                    height: $(document).height(),
                    width: $(document).width(),