Not sure why you would remove the photo... What happens when you hide
it.

On my G4 mac everything looks good except on the photo of "Little Dave
Thompson". It moves up and down as it comes in. No flicker but it
doesn't look right.

I think your problem is related to different dimension in your images.
When you display "Little Dave Thompson" you are removing an image with
different height dimensions. I'd recommend keep heights and widths the
same on all images. No need to remove images either. Just hide them,
check to see if they are there before you load them. (Easy to do in
JQuery)

The website looks great BTW. I have my own band (http://
RodeoClownsBand.com)

Regards,