I have a mixture of images and flash movies (using JW Media Player) in my
slideshow.
The flash movies are set to autostart, which works good in every browser
except IE, because instead of starting the movie when the slide is visible
like the other browsers, it starts it when the page loads.

So I have to find a way to circumvent that problem, and I thought that maybe
I can take away the autostart and just send an javascript "play" event to
the flashplayer when a movie is in the active slide.

But how can I find out what is the active slide? There is a class for it in
the pager, but I need to find out if my slideshow div currently shows a
object/embed element or an img element.