Hi all,

New to JQuery & ajax, so this is probably a rookie mistake, but I can't seem
to find what I'm doing wrong.

I have a page separated into a left (selection) and right (display) region
using css.
I have the links on the left pointing to a div on the right.  Simple enough.

However, when the legacy page is displayed on the right, and it contains a
link, that link will generate over the whole page, and not remain in the div
tag.

I'm assuming the embedded page does not respect the calling page's link
override.  But I can't figure out how to override the new call.

<script type="text/javascript">

 $(document).ready(function() {
   // generate markup
   $.get("/cgi-bin/inr/inrDash.pl",{},function(data){
     $("#rating").append(data);
   })

   $("a").click(function(e){
     e.preventDefault();
     $.get($(this).attr("href"),{},function(data){
       $("#rating").html(data);
     })
   })

 })