Ok, I've done some more debugging. This is what I have:

$(function () {
                                var tabs = [];
                                var tabContainers = [];
                                var tabContents = $('div.tabs > div');
                                tabContents.hide().filter('#start').show();
                                tabContents.filter('div.tabs_nav_div').show();
                                $('ul.tabNavigation a').each(function () {
                                         alert("'"+this.pathname+"' ==
'"+window.location.pathname
+"'"); // This Alert for debugging
                                        if (this.pathname ==
window.location.pathname) {
                                                tabs.push(this);

tabContainers.push($(this.hash).get(0));
                                $(tabs).click(function () {
                                        // hide all tabs
                                        $('#start').hide();

$(tabContainers).hide().filter(this.hash).show();

                                        // set up the selected class
                                        $(tabs).removeClass('selected');
                                        $(this).addClass('selected');

                                        return false;

When I compared the this.pathname == window.location.pathname in
firefox they return the same value '/tabs.html', but in IE
this.pathname returns 'tabs.html' and window.location.pathname returns
'/tabs.html'

Any ideas for a fix?

Thanks.