Thanks Karl, but that is a poor imitation of what is needed (for my customer's needs....). Or perhaps I'm not understanding how to work with that code quite right?

I have a functional sample of what I'm after here http://grover.open2space.com/files/dev/panels/index.htm - click the titlebars to collapse, and the "maximize" button to expand even more. The panels can be dragged around, and Panel 3 is "mandatory" - it cannot be collapsed.

There are still issues here though - dragging panel 2 into the first column, and then you cant add to the second column. And placeholders are not showing while dragging.

I stumbled across the portlets while working on this and was hoping there might be something a little more complete and modern. Guess I'll keep plugging away at this....

Shawn

Karl Swedberg wrote:
Hey Shawn,

There is a rudimentary one in the jQuery UI demos:

http://ui.jquery.com/repository/real-world/layout/

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com