> The first one, is how can one cancel an upload while upload is in
> progress.

You can cancel an upload by invoking the "abort" method on the XHR
object (assuming you have the latest version of the form plugin,
v2.17).   To get a ref to the XHR you can either use the global
'ajaxSend' event handler or the local 'beforeSend' callback property.

Here's a demo:

http://jquery.malsup.com/form/file-upload-cancel.html

Mike