Take a look at the history plug-in page code again:
<http://www.mikage.to/jquery/jquery_history.html>

A really important concept to understand is that the history plug-in (any
history plug-in) is listening / watching for the URL to change. Any change
you want it to make going "Back" you will need to let it make going
"Forward" (and on click) as well. You basically relinquish control to the
history plug-in (actually to the "pageload" function if you're following the
example URL to the letter). It works like this:

- user clicks link with an #home href
- url changes to page.html#home
- history plug-in notices url change, calls pageload function
- pageload function does something based on "home"

- user clicks link with an #products href
- url changes to page.html#products
- history plug-in notices url change, calls pageload function
- pageload function does something based on "products"

- user clicks browser's Back button
- url changes to page.html#home
- history plug-in notices url change, calls pageload function
- pageload function does something based on "home"

- user clicks browser's Forward button
- url changes to page.html#products
- history plug-in notices url change, calls pageload function
- pageload function does something based on "products"

I hope this makes sense. You will need to:

1) remove the inline onclick for each of your links. That overrides the
history plug-in and you won't be able to work around it (cleanly).

2) make the href hash values different for each of your links.

So, instead of:

You'll need something more like:

I hope this helps.

Brian.