Hi all,
I've created a tabbed interface using the jQuery UI Tabs plug-in.  Very easy
and cool.

Now I'm trying to do this in *each* tab:

1) Create a set of checkboxes that, when each is checked, will superimpose
transparent images (different z-indexes) on top of each other.  Multiple
checkboxes need to be active at the same time.  Changing tabs changes the
different images.
2) Possibly create a "zoom-in/zoom-out/pan" feature on top of each image.
3) This whole interface must be self-contained and be able to be dynamically
placed on a page, since the text and images before the tabbed interface will
change.  No absolute positioning of the images.

Problems:
I can't seem to get the checkboxes positioned where I want inside each tab,
and when I assign them to different images, while I can click them on and
off, they aren't on top of each other, so not layered.

What I'm essentially trying to do:
Create a google-maps like interface for *images*, rather than, for, uh,
maps.  I would think this all would be possible with jQuery (especially
since my interface should be way simpler, no navigation, etc.)

Anyone know of any plugins that already do this, or if I'll even be able to
do this in concept with jQuery?  Advice on where to start?

Thanks for any ideas or pointers in the right direction.

Jason