or more specificly, i think,  $(':button[value=GO]').click(...

________________________________

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com on behalf of JQueryProgrammer
Sent: Tue 09/12/2008 10:32
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Select option value not working

Great. Thanks. lso is it possible to select an element based on the
value it has.

I have an button like <input type="button" value="GO" />

I want to attach an event to this button. How can I..?

On Dec 9, 3:16 pm, "Karl Rudd" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Heh yeah that too. :) Sorry I missed that detail.
>
> Karl Rudd
>
> On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:08 PM, Rik Lomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > It could be to do with the select isn't an input tag, it's a select
> > tag, try $("select[name='myselect'] option:selected").val(); instead
>
> > Rik
>
> > 2008/12/9 Karl Rudd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> >> The SELECT's value is what you want:
>
> >>    $("input[name='myselect']").val()
>
> >> The only time you need to check is individual OPTIONs are selected is
> >> if you have a multi-select list box.
>
> >> Karl Rudd

> > --
> > Rik Lomas
> >http://rikrikrik.com <http://rikrikrik.com/>

This e-mail is intended solely for the addressee and is strictly confidential;
if you are not the addressee please destroy the message and all copies. Any
opinion or information contained in this email or its attachments that does not
relate to the business of Kainos
is personal to the sender and is not given by or endorsed by Kainos. Kainos is
the trading name of Kainos Software Limited, registered in Northern Ireland
under company number: NI19370, having its registered offices at: Kainos House,
4-6 Upper Crescent, Belfast, BT7 1NT,
Northern Ireland. Registered in the UK for VAT under number: 454598802 and
registered in Ireland for VAT under number: 9950340E. This email has been
scanned for all known viruses by MessageLabs but is not guaranteed to be virus
free; further terms and conditions may be
found on our website - www.kainos.com