// add the new rows
$('tbody.tbody_class').html(newTable).find("tr:odd").css("background-
color", "#eee");

or whatever other code you use to restripe

and to note:  there's no need to do the "remove()" if you are using
"html(newTable)" as that second line will effectively wipe out all
existing HTML before putting the results of "newTable" in there