Hi,

I have a menu of links that have multiple classes, for example xObject
yObject zObject. I want to dynamically toggle display on elements of
this menu dependent on classes, for example lets suppose I have three
links:

link1 has the classes xObject and yObject
link2 has the classes yObject and zObject
link3 has the class zObject.

A user selection somewhere else in the page determines that now I
should display the links that have the classes of xObject and yObject
but I should not yet do the display of zObject - having a class takes
preponderance so link2 with yObject and zObject will be shown because
it has the class yObject.

If the zObject classes on the page were displayed due to a previous
selection they should be undisplayed now.

Any suggestions for optimal code to do this, tutorials I should look
at that will be especially useful for  this scenario?

I suppose something like:
An array of currently displayed classes, if xObject is in the array
don't do anything for anything that has xObject.
If zObject is in the currently displayed classes undisplay zObject,
for each zObject check if it has xObject or yObject before doing
anything.

If zObject is not currently displayed don't do anything about not
displaying it.

is that a good starting point, better suggestions,?