Thanks Brian,

At the moment I'm using basically the simplest implementation of the
plugin.  I'm using inline rules, so I don't have to worry about the
brackets yet.  I do understand the event delegation, I had thought
that calling $("#form").validate() again after inserting the elements
would do the trick, but no such luck.

Rob