Thank you Ryan,

Thus my initial question becomes : does jquery stores somewhere all
dom elements in the process of being updated by an ajax call ?

like $.ajax.processingElements = ['container1','container2'];

if not, i guess that i could turn this into a plugin that adds on
ajaxStart() an element to a global array and removes on ajaxComplete
or ajaxError.

°-¨