A few things you could try:

1. explicitly set the width of the table rather than let the width of the items within it to determine its width.
2. make sure the stylesheets are being loaded before the scripts.
3. apply the drop shadow on $(window).load() rather than $ (document).ready()

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com
www.learningjquery.com