2009/4/15 Snef <sne...@gmail.com>:

> When using $.ajax() i encounter some problems.
>
> With the ajax I'm calling a script that will return some html. When
> echoing the returned data, I can see that everything is returned
> including the javascript tags.
>
> When 'inserting' the returned data into a div on the screen, the
> javascript seems to be executed but i can't see it in the generated
> source!
>
> I cut it all down to some simple insertion of html into a div like
> this:
>
> $("#freediv").html('<h1 id="test">test</h1><script
> language="javascript" type="text/javascript">alert("Bla");</
> script><p>Bla bla</p>');
>
> The html is inserted in #freediv but i can't see the script tags
> (although alert("Bla") did get executed).
>
> The real problem is when i try to use some jQuery in the html:
>
> $("#freediv").html('<h1 id="test">test</h1><script
> language="javascript" type="text/javascript">$("#test").click(function
>
> Isn't this possible at all?
>
> I'm using this to create some 'popup' forms (maybe with SimpleModal)
> and I want to include some javascript into the response that is
> specific for that form (like validation and other actions). I know i
> can use liveQuery or even jQuery's live() but then i need to have all
> the javascript for every used form already in the main document.
>
> I hope you understand my problem ;)

I understand because my application works fine and use this way (I
hope this is the right expression at this case :$)
So, in my application the html code with jquery source looks like this
(I refactored your code upper):

$("#freediv").html('<h1 id="test">test</h1><script
language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
--> this line! $(document).ready(function() {
$("#test").click(function
(){ alert("Bla"});
--> this line! })

Note that I'm using every case the $(document).ready(function(){--my
code--}) part.
Not so beaty but works! :D
I suggest you try it this way.

András