Hey PanMan,

On Apr 20, 2009, at 12:28 PM, PanMan wrote:

This works, but the error is never thrown. If I change the URL to
something that's broken, I do get the error message, but on timeout it
never happens.
Am I doing anything wrong? Or is this a bug somewhere?

No, this is not a bug. A timeout is not considered an error. You'd be better off using manual timeouts or use some sort of ajax manager.

For my setup I used a combination of both, in which I set a timer with a certain value for connection timeout, and clear that timer when I actually receive data. The timer calls an anonymous function which aborts the ajax request (and in my case, calls the request again). This works fine for me.

Regards,
--
Martijn.