  From:       barton <bartonphill...@gmail.com>

  To:         "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>

  Date:       04/21/2009 11:59 AM

  Subject:    [jQuery] Re: AJAX xml problem

Thanks that worked -- but why does $item.find("media:thumbnail") not
work? I can get the other items with, for example, $item.find
("description"). I guess it is the ':' that makes the difference but
why?

Thanks again.

On Apr 20, 1:42 pm, Michael Lawson <mjlaw...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> try this
>
> $("[nodeName=media:thumbnails]");
>
> cheers
>
> Michael Lawson
> Content Tools Developer, Global Solutions, ibm.com
> Phone:  1-828-355-5544
> E-mail:  mjlaw...@us.ibm.com
>
> 'Examine my teachings critically, as a gold assayer would test gold. If
you
> find they make sense, conform to your experience, and don't harm yourself
> or others, only then should you accept them.'
>
>   From:       barton <bartonphill...@gmail.com>

>   To:         "jQuery (English)" <jquery-en@googlegroups.com>

>   Date:       04/20/2009 03:30 PM

>   Subject:    [jQuery] Re: AJAX xml problem

> Is this one just too difficult to answer?
>
> On Apr 17, 1:08 pm, barton <bartonphill...@gmail.com> wrote:> I have a
rss feed and want to navigate to <media:thumbnails url='....
> > etc. I can't figure out what to use for a selector as the
> > media:thumbnails just doesn't work. I am doing a .find(). Any ideas.
> > The feed

ishttp://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/front_page/rss.xml>
which I get via a php proxy

> athttp://www.bartonphillips.dyndns.org/test/test.php?xml=1