Sorry my English Is Bad:)

I'm developing a web for online auction product. Each item have a different
time , it get from database depend on item
Example :
Item A => Countdown 00:00:60 ( threshold 15)
Item B => Countdown 00:00:45 ( threshold 10)
Item C => Countdown 00:00:30 ( threshold 5)

If the bidder bid item A under threshold, the time will be add 45 second and
if the other bidder bid again  the time not be added, it means max time is
60 second.

THe problem is

How do I create a script so that the Auction does not connect to the server
every second to check condition (like bidder, time, price and other) .
 Connections should be made to the server if someone bid the item,  with the
other world server doing ajax push to browser not browser to server.

Thanks