Check your xml very carefully, the load does not cope with or report
errors well. Try using $.ajax and add an 'error:' section. Then see if
you get an parser error, if so start removing nodes until the error
goes away, and then look very very carefully at the xml. I have had
this kind of problem many times. It would be nice if the parser could
give us some kind of better information as to where and what the error
was.