this may be what you guys are looking for? dunno, haven't tested it much...
I'm sure there's a better way of doing this... but it seems to work. just
add a "multisort" class to every table you want linked.

var $multisort = $("table.multisort");
$multisort.addClass( "msUnsorted" );
$multisort.bind( "sortStart", function(){
  $(this).removeClass( "msUnsorted" );
  });
$multisort.filter( ".msUnsorted" ).bind( "sortEnd", function(){
  var sortOrder = [ this.config.sortList ]; // get sort order
  $multisort.filter( ".msUnsorted" ).removeClass( "msUnsorted" ).trigger(
"sorton", sortOrder );
  setTimeout( function(){ $multisort.addClass( "msUnsorted" ); }, 0 ); //
avoid retriggering
  });

stephen