Hi !

As implied by the subject, my question concerns jquery.cycle plugin
and I have 2 questions. I tried to find answers searching the web, but
didn't find any.

I'm currently using cycle to built a photography website and enjoy it
a lot so far. However, I'd like to display/update the image number at
the same time as the legend (taken in the "alt" of the images). i.e,
I'd like to be able to write something like "current frame number /
total number of frames" in a div, somewhere.

It looks like somebody heavily edited the cycle plugin for the
http://www.indexhibit.org/ project to do what I want, but it's not
really made in the most elegant way (the cycle plugin is modified, the
div name is hard written in the code...). If I find no workaround, I
might do it the same way, but I'd prefer avoiding modifying the
plugin, if that's possible.

So here's my first question :
Does anybody know how to display the frame number (and total number of
frames) using the standard plugin, only putting some code in the
after: function callback ?

Second question : with IE7, if all images are already in cache, they
all display on the page before the cycle starts and hide them. (one of
the page is here : http://www.claudinedoury.com/portfolio_artek.htm).
Is there a way to avoid that ?

Thanks to those who will help :o)