not sure if this will help you or not but IE tester has an IE5.5 script engine, as well as 6,7 &8
http://www.my-debugbar.com/wiki/IETester/HomePage

Rodrigo Sebastián Alfonso wrote:
Yeah, I thought so, but it's not an option to me to work without Win 95 (yes, I also said WTF). Client needs!

Thanks anyways James! :-)

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 4:33 PM, James <james.gp....@gmail.com> wrote:

jQuery is listed on the website as compatible with IE6+, so that's
probably it.