if you want to create a shadow the same way (there are lots of other ways to do it), you can just use this code:

    $(document).ready(function() {
      var $dropShadow = $([]),
          dropShadowSteps = 6;
      for (var i=0; i < dropShadowSteps; i++) {
$dropShadow = $dropShadow.add($('<div class="drop-shadow"></ div>').css({opacity:.1, top: 1+i, left: 1+i}));
      };
      $dropShadow.appendTo('#preview-container');

    });

And set up some styles. For example:

    #preview-container,
    .preview {
      top: 0;
      left: 0;
      z-index: 100;
      position: absolute;
      background-color: #ddd;
    }

    #preview-container,
    .preview,
    .drop-shadow {
      height: 200px;
      width: 600px;
    }
    .drop-shadow {
      position: absolute;
      z-index: 99;
      background-color: #000;
    }

The arrows in cluetip are just done with images and CSS positioning, but the Filament Group posted a cool article about using a CSS to create arrows:

http://www.filamentgroup.com/lab/image_free_css_tooltip_pointers_a_use_for_polygonal_css/

I used their approach for some tooltips here:

http://store.steelcase.com/go/office-chairs (hover over one of the chairs in the top row).

--Karl

Karl Swedberg
www.englishrules.com