The subjective part is defining a sample group. If someone has a
sample group that they have measured connections speeds for, the rest
of the equation falls into place.

I am not asking for 'imaginary' numbers. I am asking if anyone has
investigated this question and if they have any results they can
share.

BTW, Steve Souders, the creator of YSlow and author of O'Reilly's
'High Performance Web Sites' book does a better job at explaining
these performance issues than the site you mentioned,
http://www.karpach.com/yslow-and-asp-net-100-points-a-grade.htm
Steve's site, http://stevesouders.com/ is a great resource for all
sorts of performance related topics.