Sorry about the hostility, was having a pretty stressful day and I didn't really look into the problem too much, so my apologies for that. Now that I've had a better look, it actually does look like a bug. If you enter a value to the toggle, IE8 will do something with the TR, but it ends up hiding at the end.

You may want to post a bug report http://dev.jquery.com/report/

Fontzter wrote:
Liam,

Thanks for your input, we all know how irritating IE can be.  However,
there are a few things about this that puzzle me:

* It works in IE6, IE7, FF, Chrome and Opera
* It works with jQuery 1.2.6
* You can call show() and hide() on the TRs and it works in IE8 (see
http://jsbin.com/ifiqa/edit )

For these reasons, I did not think it was inappropriate to ask (I did
use a question mark in the subject) if this was a possible bug.

Thanks,

Dave