when you click on a button, run a function to close all the divs, and run a function to open the specified div.

Bruce MacKay wrote:

Yes, you are right - what I described was like an accordion, but I left out the description of the actual links on which the div's are opened/closed.

The links exist as 3 buttons in a horizontal list that remains stationery while the divs open/close beneath them.

This UI makes what I'm trying to do not an accordion.

Thanks for your input, nevertheless.

Bruce