Well, you have the bgcolor on bigimg set to transparent, meaning whatever is behind it will show through, so if that's the body, that's what you'll see. Just apply the colour you want it to be.

I don't really understand the problem.

theosoft wrote:
Here's a new problem and no idea how to fix it. I've tried every css
trick I could think of.

I had to set width and height on the container for the images for IE.
However, when I did that in my style sheet, it grabs the background
color of the body and puts it into the div.

I have no idea what's going on with this.

Here's my css for the div containing the images:

.bigimg
{
        background:url(/images/ciu2009/ad_rot_shadow.png) bottom right no-
repeat transparent;
        clear:both;
        width:100%;
        height:100%;
        position:relative;
        z-index:9;

}

css for body:
body
{
width:100%;
background-color:#312108;
z-index:0;
position:relative;
}
One site suggested cleartype, but I turned that off and the problem is
still there. This bug is showing up in IE8 and in compatibility mode
of IE8 (i.e. IE7).

Any thoughts or anyone else experience this. I need this solved ASAP.