Hello everyone,

I'm new to jQuery and need some help with a trivial question. I'm
trying to program a menu bar and I'm having problems with variable
scope. Below is a snippet of my code:

//
<script type="text/javascript">
        $(document).ready(function()
        {
            var menubar = new MenuBar();
        });
</script>

<script type="text/javascript">
        function MenuBar()
        {
                this.currentIndex = 0;
                $('.menu_button').click(this.onClick);
        };

        MenuBar.prototype.onClick = function(evt)
        {
                this.currentIndex = 1;   //<--Unable to access class variable!!
                this.Select(this.currentIndex);  //<--Unable to access class
funtion!!
        };

        MenuBar.prototype.Select = function(index)
        {
                //code goes here
        };
</script>
//

Once the onClick event is received the scope move from the class to
the actual item itself. How do I access class variables amd functions
after receiving an event??

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Ted