<script type="text/javascript" src="http://mydomain.com/js/
button.js"></script>

Check your source, but I see an extra space after / and before button.js

-----Original Message-----
From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Greg
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:31 PM
To: jQuery (English)
Subject: [jQuery] Event Not Triggering On External JS Files

I built a small JavaScript file that does some HTML and CSS
manipulation when you hover over any tag with a certain class.  It
works great when running on the same server, but if I try to use the
JS as an external script, the hover event isn't triggering.

Here is my external JS file code:

$(document).ready(function() {
  alert('i work inside');
  $(".start").hover(
    function (e) {
            $(".button").css( { 'display':'none', 'position':'relative',
'left':'150px', 'top':'-10' } );
            $(".button").fadeIn(500);
        },
        function (e) {
          $(".button").remove();
alert('i work outside');

Here is my include code on the HTML page:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/
libs/jquery/1.3.2/jquery.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://mydomain.com/js/
button.js"></script>

When I hover over that span, it does not trigger the code in
"button.js",  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.