And what if you enter an invalid character in an input at the bottom
of the field? For example entering a letter in the Conference Dinner
input of my sample form.

A user is going to miss the error message at the top of the form along
with other input errors if there's an error in the last inputs of my
example form and is going to have submit multiple times before they
may even be aware of other errors.

I'd expected jumping to the first invalid input to be standard
behaviour.  My fault there I guess.