I got some of those, too, not long ago, but haven't had any recently.

From: jquery-en@googlegroups.com [mailto:jquery...@googlegroups.com] On
Behalf Of Charlie Griefer
Sent: Sunday, September 27, 2009 10:05 PM
To: jquery-en@googlegroups.com
Subject: [jQuery] Re: Every post I make, I get an mail error.

Karl - This was happening to me a few weeks ago (from a different @localhost
address).  Rey took care of it.  He may have taken care of this one as well.

On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 5:51 PM, Karl Swedberg <k...@englishrules.com>
wrote:

Hmmm.  I just searched through all jquery-en members and couldn't find
r...@localhost listed. Maybe one of the other admins already deleted it?

--Karl

____________

Karl Swedberg

www.englishrules.com

www.learningjquery.com

On Sep 26, 2009, at 4:38 PM, Scott Haneda wrote:

I believe what happens, is there is a bad address in the group, so when you
post a message to the list, it is sent out to all subscribers.

Final-Recipient: rfc822; r...@localhost

If an email is sent from the group to r...@localhost, it will bounce, and I
am guessing it is bouncing back to the group.  Some people are getting this
backscatter, and others are not.  If I were to look at my server logs, I
would bet I see it, but I have my server set to block messages that are
backscatter, or have bogus recipients and destinations.

The list admin needs to find r...@localhost I believe, that would solve it,
though I think the issue is technically deeper than that quick fix.